Shuyoka is a 3-month spiritual development course held in Tenri City, Nara in which participants engage in Hinokishin activities and take classes that cover The Doctrine of Tenrikyo, The Life of Oyasama, and the Mikagura-uta, practice the service dance and musical instruments. Courses in Japanese are offered every month and English courses are held yearly in March. Courses in other languages such as Thai, Chinese, Nepalese, and Portuguese are either held once a year or every other year.
English Shuyoka Schedule
The schedule for Shuyoka does not change unless otherwise informed.
- March 27 - Pre-course Introduction
- March 28 - Student interviews
- April 1 - Shuyoka begins
- June 27 - Shuyoka ends
- Oyasato Seminar
- Spiritual Development Course (Overseas equivalent of Shuyoka)
- Lay Minister Preparatory Course
- Minister Qualification Course
- Basics Course
- Three Day Course
- Joy Workshop
- Shuyoka - Spiritual Development Course Tenrikyo Europe Centre
- Shuyoka Classes Held in English, Chinese, and Thai on the Tenrikyo Newsletter website.
- 2009 English Class of Shuyoka: 24 Attend Three-Month Spiritual Development Course