The Memorial Hall has three altar shrines dedicated to three different categories of deceased predecessors.
- The center altar is dedicated to the memories of members of the Nakayama family (Zenbei Nakayama, Shuji Nakayama, Kokan Nakayama, late Shinbashiras and their late wives of Shinbashiras) as well as Izo Iburi, Naraito Ueda, and Chushichi Yamanaka.
- The right altar is dedicated to the memories of late Service performers.
- The left altar is dedicated to the memories of late church ministers, Yoboku, and followers.
Previous Memorials at Church Headquarters
At the Taisho Construction, a Memorial Hall building was built between the corridor connecting the Main Sanctuary and Foundress’ Sanctuary. In 1914, Memorial Services on March and September 27 began to be conducted at Church Headquarters.
The present Memorial Hall building was originally constructed as the Foundress’ Sanctuary at the Taisho Construction. The building was made into the Memorial Hall after the construction of the present Foundress’ Sanctuary in 1933.
The Memorial Hall was relocated further to the west in 1964. Additions to surrounding corridors were made then and again in 1978.